Integrated Publishing Toolkit(IPT)

free and open access to biodiversity data

UWFC Ichthyology Collection

最新版本 由 University of Washington Burke Museum 發佈於 Dec 22, 2016 University of Washington Burke Museum

The University of Washington Fish Collection is a state-supported facility that is part of the Burke Museum of Natural History and Culture and the School of Aquatic and Fishery Sciences located on the University of Washington campus in Seattle. The collection is constantly growing. At the end of 2013, we have 8.2 million specimens in 160,000 lots, as well as over 2 million otoliths from north Pacific fishes. The majority of specimens are eggs and larvae, with 7.7 million specimens in 103,000 lots. There are 380,000 juvenile and adult specimens in 52,000 lots, representing some 4,076 species in 1,386 genera and 328 families. All specimens are stored in glass jars or stainless steel tanks containing 70% ethanol preservative. Tissue samples are available for over 5000 lots representing 800 species. There are 38 primary and 318 secondary type specimens in the collection. Approximately 324 lots of cleared and stained specimens, representing 203 species in 63 families, are also available. These are stored in full strength glycerin and maintained separately from the main collection. These skeletal preparations are augmented by an extensive library of X-rays of North Pacific fishes. Begun in 1981, this library now includes some 765 X-rays, including representatives of 135 species in 66 families. We also have a growing dry skeleton collection, most of which has been donated by local archaeologists wanting to make their reference collections available to the public.

Data Records

The data in this 出現紀錄 resource has been published as a Darwin Core Archive (DwC-A), which is a standardized format for sharing biodiversity data as a set of one or more data tables. The core data table contains 150,169 records.

This IPT archives the data and thus serves as the data repository. The data and resource metadata are available for download in the downloads section. The versions table lists other versions of the resource that have been made publicly available and allows tracking changes made to the resource over time.

下載

下載最新版本的Darwin Core Archive (DwC-A)資源,或資源元數據的EML或RTF文字檔。

DwC-A資料集 下載 150,169 紀錄 在 English 中 (8 MB) - Update frequency: 有可能更新,但不確知何時
元數據EML檔 下載 在 English 中 (9 KB)
元數據RTF文字檔 下載 在 English 中 (8 KB)

版本

The table below shows only published versions of the resource that are publicly accessible.

如何引用

研究者應依照以下指示引用此資源。:

University of Washington Ichthyology Collection (UWFC)

Rights

研究者應尊重以下權利聲明。:

The publisher and rights holder of this work is University of Washington Burke Museum. To the extent possible under law, the publisher has waived all rights to these data and has dedicated them to the Public Domain (CC0 1.0). Users may copy, modify, distribute and use the work, including for commercial purposes, without restriction.

GBIF 註冊

此資源已向GBIF註冊,並指定以下之GBIF UUID: 831234b2-f762-11e1-a439-00145eb45e9a。  University of Washington Burke Museum 發佈此資源,並經由U.S. Geological Survey同意向GBIF註冊成為資料發佈者。

關鍵字

Occurrence; Specimen

聯絡資訊

資源建立者:

Katherine Maslenikov
Collection Manager
University of Washington Burke Museum Box 355100 98195 Seattle WA US +1 206-543-3816
http://www.burkemuseum.org/

可回覆此資源相關問題者:

Katherine Maslenikov
Collection Manager
University of Washington Burke Museum Box 355100 98195 Seattle WA US +1 206-543-3816
http://www.burkemuseum.org/

元數據填寫者:

Katherine Maslenikov
Collection Manager
University of Washington Burke Museum Box 355100 98195 Seattle WA US +1 206-543-3816
http://www.burkemuseum.org/

與此資源的相關者:

程式設計師
Laura Russell
VertNet Programmer
http://www.vertnet.org
程式設計師
David Bloom
VertNet Coordinator
http://www.vertnet.org
程式設計師
John Wieczorek
Information Architect
Museum of Vertebrate Zoology at UC Berkeley
典藏經理
Theodore Pietsch
Curator
University of Washington Burke Museum Box 355100 98195 Seattle WA US
http://www.burkemuseum.org/

地理涵蓋範圍

About 25% of the lots are freshwater fishes, mainly from the states of Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. The remaining 75% are marine fishes collected primarily from the eastern North Pacific, from the Aleutian Islands to Baja California, and from the western tropical Pacific, from Christmas Island to Guam and the Philippines. The collection also includes smaller numbers of lots from many other locations around the world.

界定座標範圍 緯度南界 經度西界 [-90, -180], 緯度北界 經度東界 [90, 180]

分類群涵蓋範圍

無相關描述

Class  ACTINOPTERYGII

額外的元數據

http://vertnet.org/resources/norms.html

替代的識別碼 831234b2-f762-11e1-a439-00145eb45e9a
http://ipt.vertnet.org:8080/ipt/resource?r=uwfc_fish